There is nothing that tastes better than taking that first bite of a vegetable grown in your own garden. If you are an apartment, condominium or townhouse dweller or in an area with harsh weather conditions, you probably think you can’t have your garden, but that is no longer true. You can grow your own veggies in a very limited space, without a traditional dirt patch.
Maybe you have the space to grow a garden outside, but gophers or even your beloved pets destroy any chances of your vegetables showing fruition.
Hydroponics is the answer to fulfill your desire to have your very own garden. Hydroponics is the ability to grow plants without soil. You only need a few basic things to get started: a growing tray, a reservoir, a submersible pump to water the plants, a timer, an air pump to oxygenate the nutrient solution and light (either natural or artificial).
Growing a hydroponic garden offers some benefits over those of a traditional garden.
- Less space is needed.
- Less maintenance is needed.
- You get to control their climate.
- Plants are not susceptible to pests, weeds, and soil borne diseases.
- Plants grow faster and larger than those in traditional soil.
- Hydroponic gardens are more eco-friendly due to the fact that they allow recycling and reusing of water and nutrient solutions; they require only around 10 percent of the water that soil-based agriculture requires.
There are hydroponic gardens that can be bought or you can build your own. Whether you are buying a manufactured system or building your own, you should consider using a UNISEAL as an alternative connector to a standard bulkhead. It offers more connection versatility and is a one-step process, simplifying your installation.
Thanks to hydroponics, you can have a garden of your very own no matter what your space, climate or soil conditions are.